Wednesday 25 June 2014

SPECIAL LETTER TO MY NANA

(Penned for a very special, beautiful young lady, RETHABILE SERAGE.  NANA is a term meaning BABY in most of our African languages.  I love you, NANA! You mean THE WORLD to me!)

You're such a pretty lady;
not long you were one.
You call me mama/sister;
yet to me you are a friend.

We've shared stunning moments;
I've laughed at you, with you.
I recall our petty fights
then I think, "Eish, this one!"

You are my SPECIAL NANA;
beautiful gift from God.
It hurts me to the core
when things aren't well with you.

Sweet, gentle soul;
that's how I think of you.
And though you may be far
you're right here in my heart!

Fond memories of you;
your raw laughter, your naughty streak.
I love you, gorgeous sis'!
YOU ARE MY LITTLE FRIEND!

Wear Christ always;
never forget to pray.
Remember what we did
when it was only us.
We used to share THE WORD;
It's medicine to the soul.
Remember what He said,
"I AM THE BREAD OF LIFE!"

© Yvonne Mahlape Maserumule, 2014
(All rights reserved)























5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thokozani, really loved your beautiful comment. Please repost?

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm really allured, as I read your sentimental piece of work which remind me of that time, they called me nana. I was new at that time. Had I SIN for anyone? Everyone befriended me like I was an Angel. I saw many different brilliant smiles, others toothless... others I can’t explain...
    My cousin sister, Dudu sang for me beautiful songs till I slept.

    Your creativity is awesome Ms Maserumule. Its only now after many decades that I realise the credibility of my babysitter Dudu, and I owe her a fortune, just a thank you, I think she would love that.

    God bless nana Rethabile, she will grow to cherish your talent.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your BEAUTIFUL comment on my blog, Thokozani! Am encouraged and happy that you can relate! God bless you, my brother! :-)

    ReplyDelete